The COVID-19 outbreak is requiring that we change certain features of Home Delivery services in the United States over the next 30-60 days.
- All deliveries may be rescheduled starting Monday March 16 for up to 45 days from the originally scheduled delivery date including waiving of all temporary storage fees.
- All deliveries are subject to delays
- Deliveries pertaining to immediate medical or government ordered needs will be treated as priority. We appreciate your understanding in this matter
Effective immediately all drivers entering homes for white glove services are to practice efforts in reducing transmission risk. The following protocols are being made aware and are being implemented:
- Personal hygiene expectations (washing hands frequently for minimum of 30 seconds)
- Enhanced sanitizing awareness (including offices, docks, phones, tablets, and pens)
- Staying home if unwell
- Social distancing (avoiding handshakes, sharing food, large grouping)
- Personal travel advisories
- Advising drivers to wear clean attire when entering a residence (latex gloves recommended, shoe slips, and masks where supplies allow)
- Call ahead prior to delivery – Transition to garage or front porch deliveries when requested
Effective immediately all proof of delivery (PODs) will be managed without sharing of equipment such as phones or pens. Drivers are to write down the first initial and last name of customer. Home Delivery driver app allows for latitude and longitude verification of location and will be utilized as needed in confirming deliveries in the interim. If a customer refuses to sign for any other reason of receiving the goods (damaged, wrong item, etc.) drivers will write “refused due to the circumstance described” along with the date and time.
If a driver does not feel safe, or a customer confirms they are sick or under quarantine, pickups and/or deliveries will be left outside the residence with permission from the customer, OR rescheduled for a future date.
Some drivers may not be entering homes to perform deliveries or provide assembly service, dependent on the area of delivery. Delivery drivers will advise you of this before attempting delivery.
In the event that delivery services need to effectively shut down, there will be temporary stoppage of any pickup or delivery services until further notice.
For more questions about your home delivery order, please contact The Exchange customer service at https://www.shopmyexchange.com/customer-service/#contact
We are committed to serving the military community in good times and challenging times.
-The Exchange Team