DOING BUSINESS WITH THE EXCHANGE
Since July 1895, The Exchange has remained dedicated to its mission to serve soldiers, airmen and their families around the world.
This equates to products being sold across 12,000 Exchange facilities worldwide, in catalogs, and online; thus, enhancing the quality of life for our active duty military, National Guard members, Reservists, and Retirees.
To succeed at being the customer's first choice, we rely on a large network of suppliers to provide the merchandise our customers want and expect. Subsequently, we are constantly looking to expand our selection by establishing partnerships with new companies and small business owners.
This section outlines the steps a business owner must take in order to become an Exchange supplier, including the submission process, special requirements and answers to frequently asked questions. Current vendors and suppliers may also find useful links for eBusiness, EDI, contact information and more.
- Exchange MILITARY STAR Card
- Exchange Retail Purchase Order Terms and Conditions
- Supplier Requirements (Sept 18): applicable to Exchange Purchase Orders
- Guide for Visiting the Exchange HQ Vendor Reception Center
- Abolishment of the Exchange Retail Agreement
- Transition from EPOL to 1010data
- Revised Rates Notice
- Terms & Conditions for Expense, Supplies & Equipment
- Exclusive Brand Supplier Requirements manual
- The Exchange 2012 Softlines Hanger Program
- Authorization to Enter Military Installations
- Public Trust Positions - Form SF85P
- Paperless Trade Promotion Claims Notice
- Converting Volume Based Claims from RECEIPTS to PAYMENTS