Exchange Quick Facts
Since 1895, the Army & Air Force Exchange Service has gone where Warfighters and their families go to provide quality, tax-free merchandise and goods and services military communities need - regardless of location, risk or challenge.
Per Army Regulation 215-8/Air Force Instruction 24-211 (I) the Secretary of the Army and the Secretary of the Air Force have oversight responsibility of the Army & Air Force Exchange Service Board of Directors and Exchange operations.
The Department of Defense’s largest retailer, the Exchange is fully aligned with the Army, Air Force and Space Force. A force multiplier for Soldiers, Airmen, Guardians and military communities, the Exchange improves military readiness, recruiting and retention.
The Exchange is a lifetime benefit that provides goods and services to the military community worldwide, offering tax-free shopping and military-exclusive pricing. 100% of Exchange earnings support the military community.
WHO WE SERVE
The Exchange serves an eligible customer base of 33.4 million shoppers, including:
- Active-duty military
- National Guard members
- Purple Heart recipients
- Former prisoners of war
- Veterans with service-connected disabilities
- Caregivers of eligible disabled Veterans designated by the Department of Veterans Affairs as primary family caregivers
- Non-disabled, honorably discharged Veterans (online only)
- Authorized Public Health Service associates
- Authorized National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration associates
- Coast Guard members
- DoD and Coast Guard civilian employees
- Military family members.
The Exchange is the 54th-largest retailer in the U.S., achieving competitive earnings of 5.4% of sales in 2022.
100% of Exchange earnings support our military community. In the last 10 years, the Exchange benefit has provided $3.5 billion in earnings for critical military Quality-of-Life programs such as outfitting more than 609,000 Warfighters at cost annually, providing school meal support for Department of Defense Education Activity facilities overseas and delivering needed services to locations impacted by natural disasters.
The Exchange is nearly self-funded, funding the majority of its operations budget through customer revenues.
The Exchange operates more than 5,100 facilities with operations in more than 30 countries, 50 states and four U.S. territories.
No matter where troops go, the Exchange goes with them. The Exchange serves troops in Southwest Asia, Africa, Europe and the Pacific.
FAMILY SERVING FAMILY
The Exchange supports Warfighters at the tip of the spear, bringing products, services and a taste of home to remote locations and war zones where traditional retailers can’t operate.
The Exchange is a major employer of military families. 85% of the Exchange’s 28,700 associates are connected to the military, and 46% of the Exchange’s U.S. workforce is made up of Veterans, military spouses and dependents.
The Exchange has hired more than 57,000 Veterans and military spouses since 2013. Hiring our heroes is a Quality-of-Life force multiplier.
The Exchange gives spouses first consideration for open positions, and the continuity program lets military spouses transfer to an Exchange when their family has a permanent change of station. For military families, an Exchange career means benefit retention, retirement opportunity and stability.
- Mobile field exchanges (stores on wheels) supporting military exercises and disaster support efforts (hurricanes, typhoons, forest fires, etc.)
- 165,000 customers using Exchange internet services every day
- 600 customers choosing their smart phone or rate plan through the Exchange daily
- Robust logistics network - third largest shipper in the Defense Transportation System
- Contingency operations including 370 facilities in Southwest Asia and Eastern Europe
- Business opportunities for Veterans, military spouses and dependents
EXCHANGE CREDIT PROGRAM
The Exchange Credit Program offers affordable credit to the military community. Established by Congress in 1979 to protect service members from predatory lending, the credit program operates the MILITARY STAR® card for 1.6 million cardholders and manages a $2.2 billion credit card receivables portfolio. Benefits include one of the lowest flat interest rates in the country among store cards, free shipping on online purchases and acceptance at all military exchanges and commissaries and online at ShopMyExchange.com, MyNavyExchange.com and ShopCGX.com.