How to Place a Privacy Act Request for Records

Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)

If you believe that the Exchange maintains a System of Records containing documents regarding yourself, you may place a Privacy Act Request for those records. Such documents may include your official personnel folder, payroll records, workers' compensation files, Military Star Statements, Accident Reports, etc. Requests will be processed under the Privacy Act of 1974, as amended, Title 5 U.S.C. 552a and the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), Title 5 U.S.C. 552.

Your request must be in written format and be specific on what type of records you are requiring. Include your full name, social security number (or a partial SSN), your mail address and a phone number to be reached. In order to protect your privacy, please complete the Affidavit of ID. This affidavit proves your identity and the protection of documents related to you. You may also complete the FOIA/Privacy Request form and submit to our office by mail, fax, or e-mail.

If you wish documents pertaining to you to be released to a third party, please complete the Affidavit of Authorization. This affidavit will provide your authority for the Exchange to release personal documents regarding you to a third party such as legal advisor, spouse, parents, or power of attorney.

Back to top